Hotel near Wat Chet Yot
Chiang Mai is a perfect place to learn about Thai culture because this city has a lot of historical site waiting for you to explore that include Wat Chet Yot one of the most popular tourist destination and one of the oldest in Chiang Mai, this place has a lot of tourists visiting every day. So, just make sure you stay at a hotel near Wat Chet Yot, such as the Novotel Chiang Mai Nimman Journey.
The history of Wat Chet Yot.
Wat Ched Yod (Phra Aram Luang) is an ancient temple from the Lanna Thai Kingdom period. It is considered to be the most important temple in history. According to the assumption by experts, this temple was built between the 7th and 11th centuries by Indian craftsmen. Until King Tilokarat of the Mangrai dynasty ordered the restoration of this site from its original locations in 1455.
What can you see when visiting?
Inside Wat Photharam Wihan There are many interesting things for you to see, such as
- Chedi Ched Yod is an ancient site with seven peaks.
- Viharn Maha Bodhi is one of the temple’s newest structures, built to commemorate the temple’s 700th anniversary.
- Ho Trai, the location of the Tripitaka scriptures (the original bible).
- Maha Viharn was established in the year 1477 and is considered to be a very important historical site. It was used as a meeting place for the 8th Tripitaka World Congress.
- Old Ubosot was built in 1502.
- The monument of King Tilokarat
- Sattha Maha Sathan, also known as the Pathom Bodhi Throne, Animis Chedi, Ratanakhara Chedi, Mutchalintha Chedi, Rattanachong Klom Chedi, Athapal Nikrod Chedi, and Rajatana Chedi, is an important place in the Buddha’s history.
Why should you stay at the hotel near Wat Chet Yot?
Our hotel is located in the heart of the city center and 20 minutes away from the Chiang Mai airport. Hence, it can be a very convenient place to live as you can travel around tourist attractions. Some, such as Maya Shopping Center, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, or MAYA Shopping Center, and many more.
Also, this place has a lot of leisure facilities, like a fitness center, a rooftop swimming pool, and a Gourmet Bar. There is also a Food Exchange that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a variety of foods to choose from. Here, we serve Northern Thai cuisine as well as Asian and international classics.
How far is the hotel near Wat Chet Yot from the temple?
The Novotel Chiang Mai is a 4-star hotel located near Nimman Road. The hotel connects to almost every route in the city, allowing tourists who stay at the hotel to easily travel to see and pay respects.
Many options can get you to the temple, such as
- On foot: You can walk from the hotel to the temple in about 17 minutes.
- Private car or taxi: The distance from the hotel to the temple is 2 km. So, driving there will take you less than 5 minutes.
- Public transportation: Chiang Mai has a public transportation system that roams around the city called Songthaews, each of which is painted a different color. If you want to ride on it, raise your arm, and the driver will stop. You can pay them later.
This is one of the reasons you should stay at the hotel near Wat Chet Yot one of the best hotel in Chiang Mai. We hope this guide can be useful for you in some way until we meet again.